Thursday 26 November 2009

now you see me!


welcome to my first posting, to fill you all in my name is David Monahan.I have been working as a photographer since leaving art College in 1997. for the last five years I have been busy busy busy producing the lion's share of the photographic output for the National library of Ireland,and its subsiduary the National photographic archive. this work has included, internal publications, book projects, exhibition work, including high end exhibition printing ,and the day-to-day photographic services for library readers . This has been great fun, and very rewarding!!

But with no real notice being issued this work ceased and was absorbed by a new internal unit.

So as it stands I have a lot more time to dedicate to my own photographic practice, And that is the reason for this blog. it is my intention to talk here about all things photographic and although I foresee myself jumping from subject to subject I will strive not to use the term random on any posting. (except of course this one)

2 comments:

  1. ok, so ... seeing as you've twisted my arm and all. That said though, I guess you do learn a new thing every day ... Art College? 1997? two things I did'nt know about you! hahaa. Here's to the next 3.5, 4, 6, 10, 20 years or whatever. We'll be sniggering in contempt at the whole luddite notion of the internet, or a blog by that time no doubt, as we stride all over the brave new future with our cybernetically implanted cameras and what have ya ... ('tis Conor, btw)

    ReplyDelete