Thursday 21 July 2011

FINGERS CROSSED

Last monday myself,Artur,Ray,Mel,and Emma,were joined at Dun Laoighre Marina by Melanie Croxon a young Glenageary teacher preparing to take up a new teaching post in the Middle East.
We were also joined by Mels good friend and mine Jeannie Wenham a person who has put me in touch with many a leaver!
Jeannie and Mel have put out from this Marina on several racenights and over many summers and have enjoyed crewing boats as often as they could.
This is the place that means so much to Mel and she is very sad to leave it,but being a young out of work teacher is not in her plan so she is all packed and waiting for the word to go.


here is what she had to say herself.
"I'm happy to leave for a little while but I hope I'll be able to return in a few years.
I had always planned to travel in my 20's as many do and with the current teaching job shortage I figured this would be the best time. I'm very excited about leaving but a little apprehensive as the culture will be very different to what I'm used to. Honestly this was part of the attraction though. The U.A.E is pumping money into education at the moment and I'll be working with teachers from all over the world, so it's a great career opportunity too! I'll miss Ireland and my family and friends, but so many of them have left before this so it makes it the perfect time to take the leap! It's all a big adventure, especially considering I'm supposed to be leaving next month but I have no idea what date, where I'll be living or where I'll be working! I recently mentioned this to an acquaintance living there and they just said "Insha Allah" which roughly translated means " God willing" or " fingers crossed".

I wish her success and I sincerely hope she gets to put out of this port again  some day in the future for the  fun of the race.
On the night Ray Artur and Mel looked after the lighting and Emma pointed us all in the right direction
(hope you had a good time Emma)



please follow this blog by clicking the follow button on the top right of the page.
Also a share would be appreciated and most valuable to me as it moves the message on.
And as always comments keep me moving so please leave one if moved in any way!
If you've not done already a video piece is available for download here
it includes 45  works to date and  a moving audio track created by Ian Monahan in response to the work.
Its available in  iphone,ipad, and pc flavours please load and share!

2 comments:

  1. Semisolidradio21 July 2011 at 11:54

    Peacefull, this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ian nice to change the pace from time to time!

    ReplyDelete